Thursday, 1 January 2009
New Year's Goals
New year's resolutions....hmmm, to be honest, I always fail. In a couple of months time, they are nothing but words in my journal. So, I will be making 'goals' today. And spending time planning how to achieve those goals - breaking them down into managable chunks.
Here is an outline of my plan:
1. I plan to meditate upon the following three scriptures this year. I have found this article to be an encouragement.
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
2. I plan to re-introduce our regular prayer times during the day.
I am looking forward to this book being published. I think it will be an encouragement.
During our day, I have set 'pauses' for prayer. I love them, & my day runs more smoothly when I observe them. So why have I left them behind?????
3. (tied in with point two) I plan to be more dedicated to following our daily routine
again, this is something that has slipped. For the most part it is observed, but the parts that make everything really work have been lost.
4. I will be watching my children more closely AKA 'watching the child, not the curiculum'
5. I will be incorporating regular excercise into my life.
6. Eating more healthily.
I think this is a post all by itself :)
7. Bringing a weekly rhythm to our life:
Monday: Laundry Day
Tuesday: Baking Day
Wednesday: Gardening or Handcrafts day (depending upon weather/season)
Thursday: Letter writing Day
Friday: Nature Study Day
Saturday: Family Fun Day
Sunday: The Lord's Day
I have different resources in mind to help me incorporate these aspects to our week, but specifically for Baking Day, I will be using:Cherry Cake and Ginger Beer by Jane Brocket& Book of Cakes by Delia Smith
8. Simplify. How , what & when I am not yet sure...i just know that everything within me is crying out to live a more simple life...
9. Last, but certainly not least, I will be learning as much as I can about my new favourite thing to do - sock knitting from my friends at Ravelry