Sunday 28 June 2009

WoolFest!

We left home at 7am & returned home at 6pm & had a thoroughly wonderful time :)









E bought lots of fibre: including some bright roving from Krafty Koala, some angora rabbit fibre:



lots of sample packs of fibre & angelina to add a bit of shimmer to her spinning.
She also bought a little weaving kit, a toy sheep for herself & one for her little sister who was at home having fun with daddy.
I picked up two new spindles - a lovely 10g for extra fine lace weight, a heavier one for bulky weight yarn (I need to weigh that one!) Some Angel yarn, which is a - cashmere/baby alpaca/silk blend I have this in mind for the
Lady`s circular cape

Some alum, for when we get around to dying our fibre with plant dyes. I also picked up a lot of silk/baby alpaca blend that was on sale at Fyberspates. This is for some teddy bears I would like to knit for the girls for Christmas.
I was also really happy to pick up a copy of Spinning in the Old Way. I have read half of the book already! What a great resource.
I have probably forgotten a few things, but, suffice to say, we came home loaded up with goodies!
We met some lovely people there & had a super time E ate a lot of Ewe's milk icecream which she declared to be delicious!
Here's looking forward to 2010 :)

2 comments:

stefndawniy said...

looks good fun :-)

Esther said...

grr... Firefox not loading in photos for me tonight! I shall have to re-visit! Sounds like you both had a great time! Esther x