Sunday 11 March 2007

Bible Reading

27And when Jesus departed thence, two blind men followed him, crying, and saying, Thou son of David, have mercy on us.
28And when he was come into the house, the blind men came to him: and Jesus saith unto them, Believe ye that I am able to do this? They said unto him, Yea, Lord.
29Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you.
30And their eyes were opened; and Jesus straitly charged them, saying, See that no man know it.
Mattew 9:27-30

This was my Bible reading from last night. I intend to give it some more serious prayer & thought today. I am thanking God for this scripture...it has come in a very timely fashion. We all have our trials. I struggle, because I *know* that God *can* do anything He should choose. I struggle with will He *want* to do it....IYSWIM?
So, along side with this scripture, I plan to study Daniel 3...the amazing faith of Shadrach, Meshach & Abednego, when they were required by Nebuchadnezzar to worship a golden idol.

16 Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to the king, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. 17 If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O king. 18 But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up."
Daniel 3:16-17

Off to church this morning, then hopefully out in the garden planting our Cherry tree & Sunflowers this afternoon :)

No comments: