Saturday 3 October 2009

October's Circle Time



Our memory verse:

Hebrews 11:6:
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.


Verse:

ABCDEFG
Little robin readbreast sitting on a tree
HIJKLMN
He fell in love with little Jenny Wren
OPQRSTU
Dear little Jenny, I want to marry you.
V & W,XYZ
Poor little Jenny she blushed quite red.


from A Journey Through Time in Verse and Rhyme

Fingerplay

I am a pumpkin, big & round. (hands above head in O )
Once upon a time I grew on the ground. (arms under chin)
Now I have a mouth, two eyes & a nose )point)
What are they for, do you suppose? (point out)
When I have a candle inside shining bright (‘twinkle’ fingers)
I’ll be a Jack-O-lantern on Hallowe’en night. (hand up)


From Autumn

Song:

Hurry little children, come along with me: (run around)
Come into the garden & shake the apple tree (mime)
I will shake the big ones, you can shake the small.
When we’ve filled our basket, (gather apples)
Home we’ll take them all, (stagger home)
Home we’ll take them all.


From The Singing Year

Math Facts:

We are learning to skip count - so far we have covered 2's & 3's. This month we are adding in 4's, hence why we dont say the whole poem.
(bean bag toss. Whisper numbers, shout the skip count numbers)

Arithmetic Verse:

There was a family strange indeed;
Each member had a peculiar speed
They could walk for half a day
Counting footsteps all the way.
Here they come,
Number One

I am proper, neat & prim
My walk is straight, my clothes are trim
That every one’s the same for me.
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 (up to 24)

But my two steps are not the same.
For I must lean upon my cane
Although I’m bent & weak & old
I can still count with numbers bold
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 (up to 24)

Im a lad, light & gay
And I’d much rather play
I can run with my ball
While the numbers I call
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 (up to 24)

My step is strong
I’ll not go wrong
With all my might
Ill guard what is right
I’ll always know
How far to go
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10


(from A Journey Through Time in Verse and Rhyme

French:
Action Song -

Tête, épaules, genoux, pieds
(Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes)


Tête, épaules, genoux, pieds

Genoux, pieds (x2)

Les yeux, les oreilles, la bouche et le nez

Tête, épaules, genoux, pieds

Genoux, pieds

Recorder Practice will be 'Hot Cross Buns'

After circle time, our rhythm is such that my elder daughter makes a snack for both girls & my youngest daughter & I share a story. The story for the month of October will be "The little grey pony" From Autumn

Happy October!

2 comments:

Leah said...

What a great plan Lynn - hope you're enjoying this lovely English Autumn time :)

Tan Family said...

What a lovely blog you have! I really enjoyed reading all of your circle time songs and verses. I might have to borrow some this week! :) --Jennifer syrendell.blogspot.com