Tuesday 29 September 2009

Michaelmas is Here



It is God's eye that sees me.
It is God's mouth that calls me.
It is God's feet that lead me.
It is God's arm protecting me.
It is God's thoughts enlightening me.
It is God's courage strengthening me.
It is God's heart that loves me.
Conqueror of the dragon, Michael
Lead us to the Bringer of Peace.


(adapted from 'At Michaelmas' - Stories for the Festivals of the Year by Irene Johanson )

Photo's from our Michaelmas tea party :

Blackberry Jam Tarts & Blackberry & Nettle Tea





4 comments:

Pussnae said...

Lovely. I wish we had celebrated Michaelmas this year-I'll have to put it on my calendar for next year.

Kelly said...

Happy celebration!

barefoot in gitchigumee said...

what a beautiful verse and tea party too!

Tonya Gunn said...

That is wonderful - I am copying the poem - so beautiful. Thank you for the reminder to celebrate that festival.