Tuesday 8 September 2009

Faith Resources


Here are some of the resources we are using:

Quiet Time:
Before the house awakes, & curl up in a comfy chair with blanket & sheepskin & read from my Bible.

We begin our day with Prayer & verses. We have several times to 'stop' in our day & pray some more & say verses/sing songs.

Breakfast Devotions:
Reading from our Childrens Bible
Followed by the girls drawing in their prayer journals.

Quiet Time:
At the childrens quiet time, I plan to do some reading of books that encourage me in my journey with the Lord.
I am thinking of starting here

Bedtime:
I read the children a story from The Children's Bible in 365 Stories as part of our candle light time.
We light our candle; say our verse; read from the bible, then pray from our little children's prayer book before saying thank you to God & bringing any requests we may have before Him.
When we are done the girls blow out the candle & i put on this lovely CD

5 comments:

Living44 said...

I am so inspired by the senses of gentleness and reflection you add to your childrens lives. I am sure they are learning very well to enjoy the presence of God and the beauty of creation and the gifts he provides for us.

Jeanne said...

This is helpful. Thanks, Lynn

Leah said...

Lovely to see what you use Lynn - hope you're having a fab week!

Cathy said...

Just found your blog. We start our 1st grade journey this fall. WE LOVE PRAISE BABY. I found these CD's after I adopted my dd and I would pray over her and play these CD's to put her to sleep. Many times we have been brought to a place of worship by listening to these. Thanks for a great blog and the many ideas for our own home school adventure.
Cathy

Lynn said...

Thank you for your comments Cathy.
Enjoy your journey .